The roof is the overall protector of your home, but it is all too often neglected. Whether you have an asphalt shingle roof, a metal roof or something else, regular maintenance and roofing replacement when necessary is highly important to the livelihood of your Houston home.
At Donald’s Remodeling Services, we offer roofing repairs, roofing replacement and ongoing roofing maintenance.
Know the Lifespan of Your Roof
Every type of roofing material has a certain lifespan. Knowing how long the roofing materials you have are expected to last will help you know when to expect to obtain a replacement.
- Asphalt Shingles: 20 years
- Rubber Roofs: 12 to 25 years
- Steel, Copper or Other Metal Roof: Up to 50 years or more
- Foam Roofs: Up to 20 years
- Shake Roof: 30 years
- Fiber Cement Shingles: 25 years
Roofing Maintenance 101
Maintaining your roof, no matter what material it is, is going to fetch you the most years of service for your home. To ensure that your roof stays in good working order, without leaks and without major damages, you should:
- Get familiar with your roof, how it functions and what it needs.
- Have your roof assessed and inspected regularly by a professional.
- Immediately tend to any damages, such as torn or missing shingles, after a storm or otherwise.
- Seal your roof per manufacturer’s guidelines when it applies.
Trust the Pros for Your Roofing Needs
Roofing repair and replacement are always going to be things at the top of your priority list when it comes to maintaining your home. If you need help with your roof, reach out to us at Donald’s Remodeling Services